Blackboard is a web-based learning management system used at Winston-Salem State University designed to support teaching and learning. Blackboard provides many types of tools for enriching the learning experience. Blackboard is accessible from any location that has Internet capability.
To get started simply click the following link: log in
Check the Blackboard student tutorials for learning how to use Blackboard.
Visit the Blackboard Faculty Resource page for useful information.
The Blackboard Helpdesk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide assistance. Please use the resources below to receive Blackboard assistance:
- Telephone: 877.730.6238
- Website: http://smartipantz.perceptis.com/wssu/content/default.aspx
- Chat: http://chat.perceptis.com/c/wssu
Supported Internet Browsers
The following browsers and operating systems will now be considered compatible
- Internet Explorer 10 (on Windows 7 & 8 operating systems)
- Windows 8
- Safari 6
- Mac OSX 10.8
No longer supported:
- Internet Explorer 6 and 7
- Firefox 3.6 and earlier
- Safari 4.0 and earlier, and any version on Windows
- Mac OS X 10.5 and earlier
- Java 5, although it may continue to work
*Note: “No longer supported” does not indicate software will no longer function properly with Blackboard, but rather Bb no longer supports those software with the use of Bb. You may continue to use unsupported technology successfully, but we will be unable to help you if issues arise when using unsupported technology.