WSSU Experience Abroad Application Packets
Phase ONE: For all programs. Submit these first.
- Conduct and Disciplinary Approval Form - Submit this to Student Conduct, 303 Thompson.
- WSSU Experience Abroad Application Form - Submit this directly to OIP (the Office of International Programs, 111 Old Nursing).
- Experience Abroad Recommendation Form (x 2) - Have two professors fill these out and then submit to OIP.
- Printout of your transcript from Banner - Submit directly to OIP.
- A 1000-word essay - This should detail your interest in the study abroad program you have chosen and how it will enhance your education and career. Submit this directly to OIP.
Phase TWO: For students applying to non-WSSU programs (ISEP, UNCEP, AIFS, CIEE, SIT, etc)
- Course Approval Form - Discuss this with your academic advisor, get all necessary signatures, and then submit to OIP. Instructions on how to fill out this form.
- Provider a Letter of Acceptance - Submit to OIP a copy of this letter or email from your provider showing that you have been accepted into the program for which you have applied.
- Copy of your flight itinerary - Submit this to OIP in person or by email as soon as you have made your flight reservations.
Phase THREE: For all programs. Submit these within three weeks of departure.
- Release and Hold Harmless Agreement and Conditions of Participation - Submit to OIP.
- Power of Attorney Form - Have this notarized and then submit to OIP.
- Complete the International Travel Registry form.