Online Writing Center
(For undergraduate distance learners and graduate students only)
The Writing Center, housed in University College and Lifelong Learning, now has a new online presence. Our Online Writing Center (OWC) is now using Elluminate Live! to consult with our distance learners and graduate students in real time. If you are not familiar with Elluminate, please visit Blackboard Collaborate. Be sure to consult the first time user link at Support Portal.
What is Elluminate Live?
Elluminate Live!® is a world-class, real-time training, demonstration and collaboration environment that is powerful, flexible, and easy to use. Elluminate’s collaboration environment enables the delivery of live, online learning, training, coaching, mentoring, and meeting. Effectiveness is increased by engaging participants with the ability to talk over the Internet (with full, 2-way audio), exchange text messages, display live video, share whiteboards, multimedia files, and applications—all in one intuitive, graphical interface.
Procedure for an Elluminate Live! Session:
- Complete the tutoring request form and submit it at least 48 hours before your paper is due. An Online Writing Center staff will contact you to set up an appointment as soon as we receive your completed form. If we do not contact you within 24 hours of submitting your request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Writing Center requires that you have a draft of your paper for consultation.
- Be sure you have Java Script installed on your computer. Contact the Elluminate Help Desk (877-382-2293) if you need help.
- Depending on your computer system, you may need a microphone for your session. Be sure to setup and test your microphone before the session begins. How to set up your microphone:
- Open the link below
- Click on the Tools tab when the software opens
- Click Audio and Audio Setup Wizard (the wizard will walk you through setup)
- On your appointment day, log in at least five minutes before your session starts.
- Session Link