Academic Advancement Center Mission & Goals
Academic Advancement Center Mission
The Academic Advancement Center (AAC) cultivates a community of high expectations for all enrolled students. The division offers a comprehensive core of academic support services that influences scholastic achievement, persistence and retention. To that end, AAC provides academic advising support and learning support services in collaboration with academic units and other divisions within the university.
Academic Advancement Center Goals
- Foster open communication with all constituents.
- Promote increased student success among WSSU students.
- Expansion of student access to UC programs and activities.
- Exposure to core academic success skills for lifelong learning.
- Provide faculty and pre-major advisors with necessary training and resources to promote student success.