Additional Recruitment Resources
You can refer to the following resources for more information and save them in your browser for later reference.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Federal Laws Prohibiting Job Discrimination
- Americans with Disabilities Act Primer
- Laws, Regulations, and Policy Guidance
- Outreach and Training
- The Minority and Women Doctoral Directory
A copy is located in the Office for Equal Opportunity. Contact us at 336-750-2175 for listings related to your discipline.
- Directory of Minority Ph.D Candidates and Recipients Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) Directory of Minority, Ph.D, M.F.A., and M.L.S Candidates and Recipients is published online in an effort to increase the professional opportunities of minority graduate students and to aid colleges, universities, and other potential employers in the recruitment of highly educated under-represented minorities.
- Directory of Ford Fellows
The foundation sponsors pre-doctoral, doctoral, and postdoctoral recipients through the National Research Council.
Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Checklists: Things to Remember When Conducting a Search
- Guidelines for Recruiting a Diverse Workforce
- WSSU's Protected Classes
- Pre-Employment Guidelines
You are encouraged to list your position announcement on websites and listserves specific to your department or position that potential applicants are likely to read because of their interest in the subject. In addition, the following are some general electronic resources that have been useful in other searches:
- Academic Position Network
- Affirmative Action Register
- American Association of University Women
- American College Personnel Association
- American Educational Research Association
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- Black Graduate Engineering and Science Students Databases
- Careers and the Disabled (Magazine)
- Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- Historically Hispanic Colleges and Universities
- National Black MBA Association, Inc.
- National Physical Science Consortium (NPSC)
- National Society of Hispanic MBA's
- Spencer Foundation
- University Faculty Voice
In addition to advertisements in journals published for specific disciplines and The Chronicle of Higher Education, a search committee might consider placing advertisements for faculty in journals that target specific groups. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity recommends:
- The Black Collegian Online
- DIVERSE Issues in Higher Education
- The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Women in Higher Education
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity is available to assist you at any point in the search process. Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity at 336-750-2175. Also, the staff of
Human Resources - Employment can assist you with your advertising campaign. Contact HR - Employment at 336-750-2830.