· Speaker Request
· November 29, 2016
10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Ask the Chancellor
· January 25, 2017
10:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
Do You Know IT?
Governance & Leadership
The mission of the organization shall be to provide an opportunity for all staff members at Winston-Salem State University to have an interactive role in defining and maintaining a workplace that encourages input from all staff in creating a harmonious environment in which to work, while collaboratively supporting the university's quest to provide a "premiere education" for its students.
The Staff Senate seeks to enhance the visibility of the organization and make it a vital and recognized organization for its SPA and EPA non-faculty members.
- To stimulate a positive and supportive esprit de corps among staff.
- To establish a forum whereby staff can engage in interactive dialogue with the Chancellor and/or chief administrators of the university to exchange ideas, express views and make inquiries and/or suggestions for the improvement of working relations and environment at Winston-Salem State University.
- To keep staff abreast of issues that impact their respective jobs and workplace.
- To develop a network of diverse and talented employees organized to establish and support activities that foster professional growth and development as well as recognize the interests, contributions and potential of all staff employees.
- To assist in the development and implementation of a variety of perpetual on-the-job training opportunities designed to enhance the skills and techniques of staff.
Staff Senate By-Laws