Steps for Online Validation
Subject: Fall 2011 Student Accounts
We hope that you have had successful as well as enjoyable summer. After the summer break and some rest and relaxation, you will be ready to resume your academic pursuits at Winston-Salem State University for the fall 2011 Semester.
For those of you who have registered for fall 2011 classes, your student account has been updated to reflect tuition and fees and room and board (if applicable) for Fall Semester 2011. You can log into your Banner Rams Online account to view the bill.
Please note that the following statement is applicable to your student account:
"The UNC Board of Governors is authorized to set tuition and fee rates not inconsistent with actions of the NC General Assembly, and presently, the NC General Assembly is still in session. In the event that the NC General Assembly approves rates for tuition that are different from those approved by the Board, students will receive a revised statement of charges due."
Avoid the registration lines and validate (pay outstanding balances and enroll for the term) your schedule now. Payment ensures that your schedule will be validated and that your classes will not be purged on August 17, 2011.
Payment is due on or before August 17, 2011. You have several options available to you for payment.
- Financial Aid - If you have a complete financial aid award that covers the fall 2011 charges on your account (your balance is zero or a credit), you can validate your schedule online. If you have a partial award, you must pay the difference or set up a payment plan.
- Credit card - Payments can be made online and if the total amount due is paid, the schedule will be validated.
- Mail payments - Cashier checks or money orders, can be sent to the following address: Winston-Salem State University, Suite 200, Thompson Center , Winston-Salem, NC 27110.
- Payment Plan - The payment plan is managed by Tuition Management Systems (TMS). They can be contacted at 1-800-356-8329 or www.afford.com. Set your budget according to the charges on your account or the amount not covered by financial aid. Contact Billings and Receivables at 336-750-2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org to validate your schedule once you have set up your plan.
- Remember: 1) Your student account balance must be zero in order to validate your schedule. 2) You must make the required payments as well as pay the enrollment fee in order to be validated.
STEPS FOR ONLINE VALlDATION
- From the WSSU homepage, "click" on Current Students
- "Click" on Banner Rams Online
- Enter Secure Area, Key in Personal Information (BANNER ID , Pin Number)
- Select FINANCIAL AID Tab
- Select Award, Select Aid Year
- Select Account Summary by Term
- If the following conditions are met you can validate online:
- All financial aid criteria is met and the aid shows as memo or authorized
- The balance on the account from aid is $0.00 or a credit , i.e. -$500.00
- A bar will show on the screen which says "CLICK HERE TO VALIDATE"
- Once you "click" the message will be "YOU ARE VALIDATED." If you cannot validate, contact Billings and Receivables.
STEPS FOR ONLINE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT:
- From the WSSU homepage, "click" https://epay.wssu.edu/C20255_tsa/web/login.jsp
- In the Students and Staff box, Key in BANNER ID and Pin Number
- Select Make a Payment
- Select Payment Method: "CREDIT CARD"
- Please Note: Electronic Checks will not be processed and may result in Schedules Being Purged.
- Follow on screen directions to complete payment
- Banner will automatically validate your schedule with FULL payment via credit card. If any other amount is paid, contact Billings and Receivables to validate your schedule.
- Print confirmation page for your receipt
For questions or concerns, please contact the Billings and Receivables office.
Carrie Barnes, Director