Electronic W-2 Form Disclosure Statement
- If an employee does not consent to receive an electronic version of W-2 form, he or she will be mailed a W-2 Form on paper.
- The Electronic W-2 Form Consent Statement is effective for W-2 forms issued for the calendar year and all future periods until consent is withdrawn or the individual is no longer employed by Winston Salem State University.
- After giving consent, an employee may still request a paper W-2 Form by contacting the Payroll Office in writing. This may be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. mail to: Payroll, Winston Salem State University, 114 Eller Hall, 601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr, Winston Salem, NC 27110 Attn: Tax Form Request. The request for a paper W-2 will not terminate consent.
- An employee may withdraw his or her consent with a 30 days notice by completing a Revoke Consent Form. This may be done via email to email@example.com or U.S. mail to: Payroll, Winston Salem State University, 114 Eller Hall, 601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr, Winston Salem, NC 27110 Attn: Revoke Consent. The withdrawal of consent does not apply to a W-2 Form that was furnished electronically before the withdrawal of consent is furnished. Upon receipt of the withdrawal, the Payroll Office will send a written confirmation of the withdrawal via U.S. mail or email.
- Winston Salem State University will not provide the W-2 Form electronically to an individual who has terminated his or her employment prior to December 31 of the tax year. These individuals will receive paper copies via U.S. mail. Only active University employees will have access to the electronic version of W-2 Form. If a former employee requires an additional copy of the W-2 Form, he or she may follow the aforementioned methods of contacting the Payroll Office.
- If an employee has consented to receive an electronic version of W-2 Form and has not printed the form prior to termination, he or she should contact the Payroll Office in order to receive a paper copy via U.S. mail.
- An employee must immediately update any contact information (email address, mailing address, etc.) by emailing your current address to firstname.lastname@example.org for W-2 address changes ONLY! All other address changes need to be submitted to Human Resources. The hardware and software requirements needed to access, print and retain W-2 Form electronically include an Internet connection, web browser, and Adobe Acrobat reader.
- The electronic version of W-2 Form will be available on the web site for at least 2 years from its original posting date.
- The W-2 Form may be required to be printed and attached to a federal, state, or local income tax return.
Last Updated: February 27, 2014.