Disciplinary Action, Suspension, and Dismissal
CONTENTS OF A WARNING
- Must be in writing and state that it is a warning.
- Describe the specific conduct or performance that is the reason for the warning.
- Describe/list the specific performance or conduct improvements that must be made.
- State the time within which the employee must show improved performance or conduct. The maximum time frame is 60 days for unacceptable job performance and immediately for grossly unacceptable job performance or unacceptable personal conduct.
- State the consequences of failing to make the required improvements/corrections.
- Inform the employee of any appeal rights provided by university policy or state law.