Winston-Salem State University is honored to sponsor several annual awards to recognize and reward outstanding teaching, research and service. Awards and stipends include:
- Board of Governors’ Excellence in Teaching Award $7,500
- Wachovia Excellence in Teaching Award $4,500
- Students’ Choice Award $1,000
- Master Teacher Awards $1,000-$3,000
- Joseph Patterson Master Teacher Award
- Bill Sheppard Master Teacher Award
- John Fountain Master Teacher Award
- Wilma Lassiter Master Teacher Award
- Willie Burke Master Teacher Award
- Cedric S. Rodney Service Award $2000
Criteria for the Board of Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching were established for the UNC system. Criteria for all WSSU institution awards were established by the WSSU faculty.
The recipients of all excellence in teaching, research, and service awards are determined by the Faculty Awards Committee, which is appointed by the provost. For further information and nomination forms, consult the Office of Faculty Affairs.