Research Involving Animals
Chair of IACUC
426 W.B. Atkinson Science Bldg.
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
Room C117B, Anderson Center
Winston-Salem State University
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
Calvert Jeffers, D.V.M.
Boulevard Animal Hospital
930 NW Blvd
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Calvert Jeffers (Veterinarian)
Nicole Ramsey (Non-affiliated)
Demetrious Gooden (Non-affiliated)
Stephanie Evans (Administrator)
|December 2014||9:30 AM||TBD|
|May 2015||9:30 AM||TBD|
|December 2015||9:30 AM||TBD|
Winston-Salem State University’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is the committee responsible for ensuring the protection and care of vertebrate animals being used in research studies at Winston-Salem State University. The IACUC is charged with this task while facilitating animal research in ways consistent with long-standing ethical principles and federal, state and university regulations. All research projects or instructional practices that involve animal subjects must be reviewed and approved by the IACUC prior to initiation.
Policies and Procedures
- IACUC Procedures Manual
- Guide to IACUC Process
- How to Report Your Concerns Regarding Animal Care and Use
- Table 1: Minor and Significant Program or Facility Deficiencies
- Table 2: Minor or Significant Changes to an Ongoing Protocol
- Table 3: Concerns That Must Be Reported to OLAW
IACUC Application and Closure Documents
Education and Training
Animal Welfare Assurance
- What is the Animal Welfare Assurance?
- WSSU Assurance of Compliance with the Public Health Service Policy on the Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
WSSU's Renewal Animal Welfare Assurance Number: A3591-01