Faculty and Staff

Export Control Concerns: Shipping

Shipping items outside the U.S. could require a license from OFAC, the Department of State, or the BIS.  Check with Valerie Howard, Director of Sponsored Programs to determine if a license is needed.  An OFAC license takes six months to receive, a license from the Department of State takes two months, and a license from the BIS takes approximately two weeks, so allow plenty of time before you need to ship.  Do not ship an item without going through Mailing Services because if customs audits your shipment, and a license was required and not in place, you and WSSU would be fined.

Winston-Salem State University

601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive

Winston-Salem, NC 27110

Phone: (336) 750-2000

Copyright © 2010-2014 Winston-Salem State University