Transfer Students

At WSSU, students are classified as transfer students if they have graduated from high school, have completed the General Education Development (GED) test, or an Adult High School diploma, and are attending, or have previously attended, either a two- or four-year college/university.

We encourage you to use 'Navigating the Transfer Process' links to assist you with the admission process, conduct your own unofficial transcript evaluation, and register for a visit to the WSSU campus.

North Carolina Community College (NCCC) Students

WSSU offers a very flexible process for transferring credits from an NCCC for students awarded an AA or an AS degree.  This flexibility allows you a variety of options in meeting the requirement for one course in each of our seven General Education Areas of Knowledge and to apply credits towards courses in the major, electives in the major, and prerequisites for the major.

If you hold an AAS or AFA degree or have not received a degree, this same flexibility is applied as we evaluate your transcript on a course-by-course basis.

For more information, please review the information in the NC Community College Student section of this website.

Students Transferring from Other Institutions

WSSU is committed to maximizing the credits transferred from your previous institution(s) and assist you in your pursuit of a 4-year degree.

Access the Student Transfer Navigator at CFNC. A CFNC Username and Password are required. If you do not have an account, you can quickly create one. This is a free service.

Winston-Salem State University

601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive

Winston-Salem, NC 27110

Phone: (336) 750-2000

Follow WSSU on FacebookFollow WSSU on TwitterWSSU is on Youtube
WSSU Photos on FlickrRamPages BlogWSSU is on Instagram
Copyright © 2016 Winston-Salem State University