Winston-Salem State University defines the term "Transfer" as students who have completed the requirements of the K-12 system and have continued their education at a two- or four-year college/university prior to the submission of an application to WSSU. Students not meeting the University of North Carolina System Minimum Course Requirements (listed under Freshman Requirements) must seek admission as a transfer student.
Transfer students should remember that:
- Letter grades of "C" or higher in college-level coursework are considered in the transfer of credit.
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at all previous institution(s) and eligible to return to the last institution attended to be successful in the transfer process
- Students must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
Be sure to review the requirements for your major through our Online Undergraduate Catalog located in the Academics section of this site.
WSSU offers selected majors through our Evening-Weekend programs. Evening-Weekend programs enable motivated adult learners to earn their bachelor’s degrees after work, in four years or less, by taking courses entirely during evenings and weekends. Programs offered are:
- Business Administration
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Justice Studies
- Political Science (Public Administration)
WSSU also offers selected majors through Distance Learning programs. Delivery methods include online programs and traditional face-to-face programs with faculty-led classes at off-campus sites, videotape, cable television, technology-assisted instruction including use of the Internet and interactive telecommunications, and other media.
- Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies, Concentration in Integrative Studies
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
- Lateral Entry and Degree Completion in Birth to Kindergarten Education (BKE)