Transfer Student Requirements
Transfer Admissions Requirements
Candidates for admission to WSSU are review based on their academic performance in an accredited high school or college/university and either SAT Reasoning Test or ACT scores. The following units are required for transfer applicants seeking admission to any undergraduate program:
- Applicants must be in good standing academically and disciplinarily with last institution attended.
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the last institution attended.
- Applicants must have a 2.0 Grade Point Average
- Applicants under the age of 24 must also submit an official high school transcript if a degree was not earned.
- Applicants under the age of 24 must also submit test scores if a degree was not earned.
Students who do not meet minimum admission requirements for the year that they graduate from high schools must transfer at least 30 or more semester hours, dependent upon year of high school graduation.
A competitive applicant will have 30 semester hours that mirror the example below:
- 6 semester hours of college-level English
- 6 semester hours of college-level Foreign Language
- 6 semester hours of college-level Math
- 6 semester hours of college-level Science
- 6 semester hours of college-level Social Science
- Maximum Credits from Two-Year institutions: WSSU will transfer no more than 64 semester hours (SH) or 96 quarter hours (QH) earned at two-year institutions.
- Equating Quarter Hours (QH) to Semester Hours (SH) for Transfer-One QH = two-thirds SH. If transfer credit comes within one-third SH of a WSSU requirement, it will be considered to have fulfilled that requirement. (Thus, a 4 QH course in biology will fulfill the 3 SH requirement at WSSU, since 4 QH equal 2 2/3 SH. A 3 QH speech course, however, will not fulfill the 3 SH speech requirement since 3 QH equals 2 SH.)
- WSSU will transfer courses in which grades of C or above were earned at another institution. All courses approved for transfer are listed on the WSSU record, but grades and grade point averages are not.
- WSSU requires applicants to submit SAT or ACT scores. We prefer scores from the SAT Reasoning Test and do not require Subject Tests.
- Transfer applicants under 24 years of age who have earned fewer than 30 semester hours of college credit must submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in addition to any other required test scores.