- Understanding Your Financial Aid Award Notice and Accepting Your Award
- Loan Entrance Counseling
- Complete Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Order a Tax Return or Transcript
- Complete a FAFSA application
Awards: The award notice indicates the types and dollar amounts of aid you have been awarded as of the date on the letter. Please read all the information on the award notice. *You MUST enter Banner RAMS Online to accept your loans and or College study offers. Your grant aid has been accepted for you.
To accept your loans and other offers follow these steps:
- Click Current Students
- Click Banner Rams Online
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Enter your Banner ID & PIN
- Click Financial Aid Tab and click Award
- Click Award by Aid Year
- Click Accept Award Offer tab
- Choose Accept or Decline in the drop down for each award
- Enter the total amount you wish to accept for each award
- Click Submit decision
You must accept this part of your award within 10 days or the funds will be canceled. Rejecting aid does not mean that you will be awarded other funds to make up the difference. You should be prepared to pay the difference unless you are receiving funds from other sources. Revised award notices will not be mailed to students; an email will be sent to you when your aid is modified. We strongly encourage all students to review change(s) to their award in Banner Rams Online.
Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized)– New Students and First Time Borrowers
If you are awarded a Federal Direct Loan you must:
- Accept your award in Banner RAMS Online. (See Understanding and Accepting your Financial Aid)
- Complete Entrance Counseling. (This process takes approximately 25 minutes.)
- Go to: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
- Log on using your Social Security Number, first two letters of your last name, date of birth and your FAFSA PIN.
- Complete Entrance Counseling and Complete MPN (Master Promissory Note)
RAMPay is a tuition payment plan management by WSSU.