Lockers and Towel Service
Winston-Salem State University
601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
UREC has two comfortable locker room facilities located on the 2nd Floor. These facilities include showers, changing areas, day use lockers, and rental lockers. All showers and locker room use must be completed 15 minutes prior to close.
In order to maintain the privacy and safety of our patrons and the cleanliness of the facility, UREC prohibits the following items in the locker rooms:
• Use of cell phones
• Recording devices
• Food and Liquids other than water
• Glass containers
Locker rooms are available for all members and their guests. While the UREC staff routinely checks these areas, it is highly recommended that members/ guests secure their personal belongings in a locked locker and leave valuables at home. UREC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, including items in lockers. Please report any suspicious behavior to UREC staff immediately. Day use lockers are available free of charge on a daily basis. Locker rentals are available at the Equipment desk located on the First Floor of UREC. Locks are available for a nominal charge at the Equipment desk.
The Men's Locker Room has 41 designated day use lockers, 44 rental lockers, and 5 designated accessible lockers. The Women's Locker Room has 42 designated day use lockers, 42 rental lockers and 4 designated accessible lockers. All lockers are half size.
Day Use Lockers
Free of charge
Terms and Conditions
· Lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
· All contents must be removed from the locker prior to closing.
Current members may rent a locker from UREC for the following costs:
· $15.00 for a semester or summer period
· $25.00 for an academic year
· $35.00 for a calendar year
Terms and Conditions
· A limited number of general lockers are available for rent annually. If demand exceeds supply, we
will begin a waiting list for lockers.
· Only one locker may be rented at a time by a member.
· Only one renter per locker. Locker sharing is not permitted. The rental agreement is between
UREC and the member renting the locker only. If locker sharing is discovered, violators are
subject to loss of rental locker privileges.
· Locks and all belongings must be removed from the locker by close of business on the rental
expiration date, if the locker is not renewed before the expiration date.
· Any locks left on a rental locker after the rental expiration date will be cut off and the contents
of the locker will be removed at closing.
· Locker rentals may expire based on:
· locker rental expiration
· school enrollment drop
· membership expiration
· Locker rentals are non-refundable
· Lockers must be purchased and assigned at the Equipment desk. The renter must occupy only
the assigned locker number.
· Any contents collected from lockers will be bagged, held for 2 weeks and then discarded or
donated to a local charity/ shelter.
· Any items confiscated may be claimed at a Membership desk for a $5.00 recovery fee.
· Proper identification of the person and of the item in question must be made to the UREC staff
before the item is returned.
· Members/guests are responsible for their locker combination. In cases where a combination is
forgotten and a lock cut is necessary, a $5.00 charge will be assessed.
· Use of the showers and locker rooms must be completed 15 minutes prior to closing.
· UREC is not responsible for contents left in lockers.
UREC has scheduled one Administrative Clean date* per semester. All lockers must be cleaned out and locks removed by the renter before close on these dates. Renters may resume occupancy of their assigned locker on the first day of operation following the Administrative Clean date*.
Any locks left on a rental locker at close on the Administrative Clean date* will be cut off and the contents of the locker will be removed. Contents collected will be bagged. Any items confiscated may be claimed at a Membership desk for a $10.00 recovery fee. Unclaimed items will be discarded or donated to a local charity/ shelter after two weeks.
*December 20, 2013 and May 15, 2014.
UREC offers towel service at the Equipment desk located on the First Floor.
Towel service includes one shower towel during your visit and laundry service. The Ram Card/ UREC ID card is required for towel check out. All towels must be returned to the Equipment desk before leaving UREC. Towels are checked out and checked in at the Equipment desk.
Members will be assessed a charge for unreturned towels. Charges will include the replacement cost and an administrative fee.