The mission of the Career Development Services is to provide services, programs, and resources that facilitate the lifelong career development process and assist students and alumni with implementing and securing satisfying careers. Career Development Services will achieve this mission through maintaining quality standards and productive collaborations with internal and external partners.
Career Development Services, a department within the Division of Student Affairs, functions as a comprehensive career planning service which supports the mission of Winston-Salem State University and the success of its students and alumni by:
- Helping individuals develop self-awareness of interests, values, and skills that facilitate effective career exploration and decision making in an increasingly diverse, global society.
- Providing support and guidance to assist with clarification and formulation of career goals.
- Empowering individuals to become active participants in their own continuing development.
- Providing information and resources about occupations, job trends, employer requirements, and educational opportunities.
- Delivering programs and providing coaching on job search skills, resume development, and interview techniques.
- Encouraging students to pursue internships and other experiential opportunities to explore and prepare for careers.
- Collaborating with academic departments to incorporate career development activities into the educational experiences of students.
- Fostering connections with employers, members of the University community, graduate and professional schools, and alumni to increase educational and recruitment opportunities for students.