To achieve the mission of BRIC, the BRIC team seeks to:
- Provide infrastructure and capacity-building activities that are consistent with the long-term institutional objectives of WSSU
- increase the number of WSSU faculty who engage in biomedical and behavioral research
- Increase the number of WSSU faculty who receive extramural funding for biomedical research
- increase research productivity of WSSU researchers in biomedical and behavioral research
- Provide intensive student development programs provide research opportunities with productive teacher-scholars who are interested in and committed to mentoring promising students in research.
- Increase the number of WSSU students who are well-prepared academically and experienced in research to be competitive to gain admission into top graduate programs leading to the Ph.D. or M.D. / Ph.D. in biomedical and behavioral sciences.
- Foster a long term commitment in students to pursue a career in the biomedical and behavioral sciences through an experience that exemplifies the excitement and challenges of relevant scientific investigation.