Construction Date: 1962
Named For: C. Beatrice Moore
This residence facility for female students was constructed in 1962. It was named in honor of Winston-Salem State University dietician and alumnus C. Beatrice Moore. A native of Lumberton, North Carolina, Moore enrolled in Slater Industrial Academy and State Normal School (now WSSU) in 1920. She completed the normal training program in 1923, and was hired by the college to serve as the assistant director of Atkins Hall, a female residence facility. Moore later served as head matron and director of women's activities. In 1930, Moore decided to pursue a degree in home economics, and she enrolled in the home economics program at the college, which in 1925 had become Winston-Salem Teachers College. Following her graduation in 1933, Moore was hired by her alma mater as the college dietician, and she was later appointed acting dean of women. At the time of her retirement in 1963, Moore had served the college for forty years, thirty of which were as the college's dietician. Following retirement, Moore was a frequent visitor at cultural and social activities hosted by the college, until her death in 1976.