Laptop/Pager Circulation Policies
Laptop computers are provided by O'Kelly Library for use by Winston-State University patrons. They represent a significant investment in providing users additional access to technology.
Laptop computers are checked out from the Circulation / Reference desk.
- All persons that wish to check out a laptop computer must present a valid WSSU ID card and leave a valid (current) driver's license.
- Laptop computers are for library use only within the building, no exceptions. (They will not work outside of the library).
- All persons that check out a laptop must sign a form taking full responsibility for the value of the computer.
- Users are responsible for the laptop and all of its components and accessories while on loan.
- Users should not allow anyone else to use the laptop while checked out to them.
- Users must provide their own disks to save their work. Any changes will be lost when the computer is turned off.
- All laptops should be returned 30 minutes before the service desk closes to allow for the check-in process.
- The person that checked out the laptop must return the laptop.
- Staff must complete the check-in process before returning driver's license to patron.
- Always shut down the computer using the Microsoft "shut down" option.
- Do not simply turn the computer off.
For the Borrower at Time of Check Out
Please fill out this form, and print out to bring to the circulation desk