Off-Campus Access to the Library's Online Databases
- Click on a database title and you will be prompted to login
- In the first box (username) type your university e-mail address without the ending @wssu.edu
- In the second box (password) type your Banner ID number with no spaces or dashes
- Click on Submit Query
- Faculty and Staff, use your university username and password
- Try changing to a different web browser. If you are using America Online, try using Internet Explorer.
- Try hitting the Refresh button on your browser, which asks the computer to reload the web page.
- Does your browser accept cookies?
To enable cookies:
Step 1 - Open Internet Explorer (Browser)
Step 2 - From the menu bar select TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS
Step 3 - Next select the PRIVACY TAB then Advanced
Step 4 - Click on override automatic cookie handling which will place a check mark in the box and make active the Accept First and Third Party cookies radio button (make sure the radio buttons are green) then click on Always allow session cookies. Then click OK.
Step 5 - Close the browser and try accessing the electronic database again.
- If you receive a 404 not found error message when you attempt to access a database, this most likely means the database server is down, and you should attempt to access the database at a later time.
Do you have a firewall on your computer?
A firewall, such as Norton Personal Firewall or McAfee Firewall, may interfere with the proxy server that WSSU uses to provide access to off-campus users. If you are attempting to access WSSU resources from work, contact the network administrator at your company to help you with this issue.
If you are trying to gain access from home, then you will need to modify your firewall settings. Consult the manual for the software you are using, or contact the software's technical support staff.