Collection Development Policy:
The WSSU Archives' primary mission is to identify, collect, preserve, and make available:
- Official noncurrent University records of various administrative offices:
- Minutes, files, memoranda, correspondence, and reports of the President/Chancellor's Office, Board of Trustees, public relations, various academic department, alumni association records, student organizations, committees, and Board of Governors
- Historical records, publications, and objects relating to the University:
- University blueprints and maps, scrapbooks, University catalogs, University yearbooks, video footage, magazines, newspaper clippings, class schedules
- Personal papers of alumni, faculty, and staff that support scholarly research and the curricular strengths of Winston-Salem State University:
- Dissertations, theses, teaching, and research portfolios, awards, papers, manuscripts, oral history interviews, alumni ephemera, and books.
If you have any items you would like to add to this collection, please contact Archives.
The historical materials housed in the Winston-Salem State University Archives are unique and some are of a fragile nature. Therefore, patrons are not allowed to photocopy archival material but must instead defer any photocopying request to an archives staff person.
The Archives staff reserves the right to deny copying services and access to materials under copyright/donor restriction or if the photocopy request is excessive in volume.
The duplication fee is payable upon completion of the request.
|Price Per Copy:|
If you are a student you must use your Ram Card for copying. For all other patrons: we do not accept checks.
Unpublished works cannot be copied without the permission of the writer, donor, or the WSSU Archives. This is in compliance with US copyright law.
Title to the materials will pass from the donor to Winston-Salem State University upon delivery and signing of official Deed of Gift.
The WSSU Archives is interested in all materials relative to the history of Winston-Salem State University. Persons interested in donating materials to the Archives are encouraged to contact us at (336) 750-2426.
Subject to the restrictions in accordance with the Archives documentation/collection development policy the WSSU Archives will return to donor all irrelevant materials. Unclaimed materials will be discarded.
The donor is responsible for cost of official appraisal if donor deems donated materials of monetary value.
The donor gives and assigns to the Winston-Salem State University Archives all rights unless otherwise specified.