OKelly Library

Albert H. Anderson Center

Albert H. Anderson Center

Albert H. Anderson Center

Construction Date: 1957

Named For: Albert Homer Anderson, Sr.

Formerly the Anderson Jr. High School and later Anderson High School, Winston-Salem State University purchased this building from the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school system in 1981. In May of 1987, the structure was dedicated as the Albert H. Anderson Center. The center houses curricular programs in adult and continuing education, the School of Education, Dillard Auditorium, and dining facilities for community functions.


Albert H. Anderson's career in public education began in Winston-Salem in 1929; he taught romance languages at the Columbian Heights High School. After working for several years as classroom teacher, Anderson moved up to the administrative ranks and became the principal of Columbian Heights High School. Anderson also served as principal at Kimberly Park Elementary School and Paisley Junior High School.

Winston-Salem State University

601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive

Winston-Salem, NC 27110

Phone: (336) 750-2000



Library
Athletics
FOLLOW WSSU
FacebookTwitterYoutube
FlickrBlog
Copyright © 2013 Winston-Salem State University