Construction Date: 1921
Named For: Kate D. Colson
This building was initially the annex of the old Atkins Hall dormitory. In 1952, it was renamed Colson Hall, in honor of longtime dormitory matron Kate D. Colson. Colson began her service to Slater Industrial Academy and State Normal School prior to 1915 and subsequently served in the capacities of instructor, dean of women, and dormitory director. Colson Hall, which was located next to new Atkins Hall, was demolished in 2002.