Construction Date: 1938
Named For: Adolphus Hill Eller
Built in 1938 and dedicated in 1940 as the Eller Science Building, this building was renovated in 1965-1966 to include space for a foreign language laboratory, a lecture room, and a business machine laboratory. With the completion of Hill Hall, a new science building, in 1965, Eller Hall was no longer designated a "science" building. Currently, Eller Hall houses the Division of Finance and Administration.
This building is named in honor of Adolphus H. Eller, a Winston-Salem businessman and long time trustee of the school. Born in Wilkes County, (NC) in 1861, A. H. Eller was admitted to the bar in 1886 and practiced law until 1914, when he became trust officer and vice president of Wachovia Bank and Trust Company. Eller also helped to found the North Carolina State Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, and served as a trustee of Winston-Salem State University from its founding in 1892 until his death in 1941.