Construction Date: 1970
Named For: Moyer M. Hauser
The Hauser Building currently houses University College and the Office of International Programs. When it was built in 1970, Hauser was used as the student union and thus contained a bank, barbershop, and game rooms.
The building is named for Moyer M. Hauser, who graduated from Slater Industrial Academy and State Normal School and then Lewis Institute (now Illinois Institute of Technology), earning a degree in electrical engineering. In 1925, Hauser returned to Winston-Salem Teachers College to teach mathematics and physics. In 1929, Hauser moved to Chicago for further study at the University of Chicago. He was appointed College Engineer at Winston-Salem Teachers College in 1934, and served in this position for a total of 42 years. After service under the administration of three different presidents, Hauser retired in 1965. He died January 14, 1978.