Course Back-Up Procedures for the LMS
- At the end of each semester, faculty must archive all courses utilized in the Learning Management System to a local storage area to maintain course content and student grading information.
- The archive file should be maintained for a period of five years.
- At the end of each semester, faculty may export any course material required for future utilization to a local storage area.
- Once new course shells are available, the exported content can be uploaded into newly generated shells.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the Learning Management System, past courses greater than five semesters will be removed from the server.
- Prior to removal, from the server all content will be backed up to a hard drive and maintained by the Academic Technologies Team.
- Two weeks prior to the removal all Faculty, Department Chairs, and Distance Learning Coordinators will be notified of the removal deadline and strongly encouraged to back up any course content required for future utilization.
- If a course greater than five semester needs to remain on the server, Academic Technologies Team should be notified via request form one week prior to the back-up date.
- In the event that a removed course is required that has not been backed up by the Faculty, the following procedures should be followed for retrieval:
- Complete the course request form and submit to Academic Technologies Team. The faculty will need the course information including the course ID and course name.
- Academic Technologies Team will retrieve the archived file and provide the file to the Faculty or upon request load the content to a new course shell.
- One-week lead-time will be required to retrieve and restore all requests.