Clean Access is a network authentication and validation security system that all residence halls and wireless network devices utilize. This system ensures that all users of our networks have a valid WSSU account established, and that the computers they utilize have the latest virus software installed and operational.
This system does require our users to update their systems with the latest virus definitions, as well as requiring the latest Microsoft patches and security updates prior to gaining network access. The system is fully automated in determining what your computer does not currently have installed, and providing online remediation steps to the user to correct any problems.
Although there is no security system that will completely prevent the possibility of infection from viruses, we have experienced a dramatic reduction in reported infections since the deployment of Clean Access.
How to Connect Your Computer to the WSSU Network
I. CISCO NAC AGENT INSTALLATION
- For wired connection, connect your Ethernet cable to your computer's network port. For students who stay on campus, the network port label on the wall starts with "D".
- For wireless Connection, Open your wireless manager program and select the WSSUSTUDENTS wireless network.
Security key: wssurams (in all lowercase letters)
*MAC users only need to do steps 2-5.
- Open Internet Explorer, and then go to www.yahoo.com, This should redirect you to the WSSU CCA Authentication page.
- When you see the page, type in your WSSU email UserID: (example:jjohnson210, without "@wssu.edu") and WSSU email password (the password is your banner id number)
- Click on "LAUNCH CISCO NAC WINDOWS AGENT 18.104.22.168".
Click on "ALLOW"
Click on "NEXT"
Select "I Accept the terms" and Click "NEXT"
Select COMPLETE, and
Click on "NEXT"
Click on <INSTALL>, *If asked to install software Click "YES"
Click on <FINISH>.
II. ANTIVIRUS CHECK
Important: Cisco NAC Agent (Clean Access) is compatible with the following antivirus programs ONLY: Norton, AVG, McAfee and Trend Micro. Make sure that your version is valid. If it has expired, uninstall your antivirus program now. The next steps will tell you how to install McAfee free of charge.
- Sign into the Cisco NAC Agent with your WSSU UserID and WSSU email password.
- Click "Repair"
- Click on either "update" (if you already have antivirus) or "Go To Link" (to install our version of antivirus)
- If you clicked "Go To Link" in step above, click on the install link for McAfee to allow the installation. Click "RUN", Select "YES" to allow the installation follow the McAfee installation instructions under the link to install McAfee. After the install finishes click on "UPDATE".
- Log out of the Cisco NAC Agent and log back in (click on "Cancel" in the top right corner of the NAC Agent Window, & choose OK)
- Click on "REPAIR", and then click on "GO TO LINK"
- Follow the Windows update directions on this webpage. Repeat this step until all updates are done, and your device conforms to the policies of the network. Then click "ACCEPT" and click "OK".