Technology Infrastructure provides systems administration and management for nearly all university-related servers. The data center is located in the Elva Jones Computer Science Building. About 70% of WSSU servers have been virtualized, providing the highest redundancy, flexibility and cost efficiency available.
Infrastructure services provided are:
- Server installation, maintenance and configuration
- Scheduled OS and application patching
- Nightly and some real-time backup of all server data
- UPS battery backup to protect against power outages
- Diesel generator to supply power to the server room in case of extended outages
- Server room cooling and humidity control to insure that servers operate in an optimal environment