Robert Anderson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Portuguese/Acting Chair
World Languages and Cultures
(336) 750-3452 (p)
(336) 750-2180 (f)
- B.A. Curriculum in Linguistics, 1975, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.A. Foreign Language Education Center, School of Education, 1980, University of Texas at Austin Report: "A Graphics Production Guide for Teachers"
- M.A. Department of Romance Languages, with a graduate certificate in Latin American Studies from the Institute of Latin American Studies, 1984, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Thesis: "A Semiotic Approach to the Theater of Oswald de Andrade"
- Ph.D., Department of Romance Languages, 1990, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Dissertation: "Theatrical Semiosis in the Drama of Gianfrancesco Guarnieri"
Research and Projects Interests:
- Afro-Brazilian studies
- Brazilian performing arts and poetry 1945-present
- Portuguese presence in India and Goan literature
- Courses Taught
Advanced Portuguese Conversation (WSSU POR 3309)
Advanced Portuguese Composition (WSSU POR 4301)
Brazilian and Lusophone African Literature in Translation (WSSU POR 3311)
Brazilian Culture (WSSU POR 3310)
Culture and Society in Brazil and Africa (WSSU POR 4390)
Cultures of the Portuguese-Speaking World (WSSU POR 3312)
Elementary Portuguese (WSSU POR 1311 and 1312)
Intermediate Portuguese (WSSU POR 2311 and 2312)
Spanish Phonetics (WSSU SPA 3312)
Survey of Literature in Portuguese (WSSU 3333)
World Literature I (WSSU ENG 2301)
World Literature: India and Beyond (WSSU ENG 2303)