What skills are necessary to work in the information systems field?
Information systems managers need a broad range of skills-a keen understanding of people, processes, and customer's needs. In addition to technical skills, employers need managers with strong business savvy. Most importantly, MIS professionals should possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working with people - talking about projects and solving problems in teams. They should also be able to:
- Understand how to organize information analyze user information needs
- Design or evaluate information systems that allow for efficient and effective user interaction
- Provide and assure the quality and value of information to decision makers
- Understand the economic and social environment in which their organization functions
- Be familiar with relevant issues in law, economics, ethics and management