(East Middle School)
(West Middle School)
Draw the Line, Respect the Line is developed and published by ETR Associates.
This Evidence-Based Health Program is funded by The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Division of Public Health Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives contract number 30813
Draw the Line, Respect the Line is a three-year, after-school-based program whose target audience is middle school students in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades. This program is designed to reduce the number of youth engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse by teaching and practicing refusal negotiations skills; encouraging condom and contraceptive use among sexually active youth.
Youth who participate in Draw the Line, Respect the Line are taught strategies which may lead to:
· Delayed initiation of sex;
· Reduced frequency of sex if sexually active;
· Reduced number of partners if sexually active;
· Stronger sexual limits; and
· Reduced placement of youth in situations that could lead to
Unique Features of our Program
· Multi-year program including comprehensive lessons that build
· Program office hours outside of the classroom time, during which
students can meet with the program coordinator individually.
· The curriculum includes sessions that discuss how to avoid alcohol,
tobacco, and other drugs as well as sexuality education.
· With professional supervision, curriculum is facilitated by college
students increasing relatability.