Dr. Chad Betters
- PhD in Rehabilitation Science, University of Florida, 2006
- MHS in Rehabilitation Counseling, University of Florida, 2003
- BA in Psychology, University of North Florida, 2001
Chad J. Betters, PhD, CRC, CDMS, CVE, PVE is an Associate Professor of Rehabilitation Studies at Winston-Salem State University. He completed his MHS degree in Rehabilitation Counseling and his PhD in Rehabilitation Science at the University of Florida. His research and clinical interests include spirituality and vocational rehabilitation, as well as vocational evaluation methods and practices. With over a dozen publications and nearly forty presentations, Dr. Betters is a nationally recognized expert in these areas. Prior to becoming an educator, he operated a private rehabilitation consulting and evaluation practice.
- REH 2301 – Introduction to Rehabilitation Studies
- REH 3301 – Rehabilitation Research Methods
- REH 3302 – Vocational Rehabilitation Process
- REH 3304 – Medical Aspects of Disability
- Sligar, S. R., & Betters, C. J. (2012). The state of the state vocational evaluator: A national
survey. Journal of Rehabilitation, 78, 21-30.
- Sligar, S.R. and Betters, C. J. (2011). VEWAA, VECAP and CVE: Where have we been? Where are we headed? VECAP Journal, 17, 67-72.
- Fowler, D. C., & Betters, C. J. (2011). Adjustment disorder: Considerations for the workers' compensation system. Rehabilitation Professional, 18, 207-212.
- Betters, C. J. (2010). Weight gain and work comp: A growing concern in the workers' compensation rehabilitation system. Work, 37, 23-27.
- Betters, C. J. (2010). The people have spoken: Perceived barriers in North Carolina workers' compensation case management. Rehabilitation Professional, 18, 125-132.
- Betters, C. J. (April 11, 2013). "What's The Buzz: Updates on Vocational Evaluation Credentialing." Presented at the North Carolina Vocational Evaluation and Work Adjustment Association (NCVEWAA) Annual Conference, Atlantic Beach, NC.
- Betters, C. J., & Sligar, S. R. (August 24, 2012). "Tools of the Trade: A National Study on Vocational Evaluation Tool Utilization." Presented at the National Rehabilitation Association (NRA) Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Betters, C. J., & Sligar, S. R. (April 12, 2012). "The State of the State Vocational Evaluator – A National Study." Presented at the National Council of Rehabilitation Educators (NCRE) Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Betters, C. J, Lui, J., & Homa, D. (April 12, 2012). "Another Credential?!? The PVE for Vocational Evaluators." Presented at the National Council of Rehabilitation Educators (NCRE) Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA.