Dr. Dee Ellis
- Ph.D. University of South Carolina, Physical Education Pedagogy, 1996
- M.S. West Virginia University, Physical Education, 1988
- B.S. University of Colorado, Health and Physical Education, 1978
Dee Ellis, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Physical Education Pedagogy at Winston-Salem State University. Originally from Princeton, N.J., she has called North Carolina home for the past 15 years. She has degrees from the University of Colorado, West Virginia University and the University of South Carolina. Her interests for research include student learning and energy matrixes.
Dr. Ellis has worked in many areas of physical education including: teacher, coach, professor, supervisor, curriculum writer and administrator. Formally, a volleyball enthusiast, she states she has "evolved" to walking, kayaking and dancing (contra and zydeco). She also loves animals.
- PED 2340 Motor Development
- PED 4311 Motor Learning/Control
- PED 3204 Elementary Physical Education
- PED 2142 Analysis of Teaching Individual and Dual Sports
- PED 2144 Elementary Physical Education Practicum
- Graham, K. C, Ellis, S. D., Williams, C. D., Kwak, E. C. & Werner, P. H. (1996). High and low-skilled target students' academic achievement and instructional performance in a 6 week badminton unit. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 15(4), 477-489.
- Kohl, R. M., Ellis, S. D. & Roenker, D. L. (1992). Alternating actual and imagery practice: Preliminary theoretical consideration. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 63(2), 162-170.
- Ellis, S. D. & Elliot, G. (2005, November). PDA’s for dummies. Presented at the 58th Annual North Carolina Alliance for Athletics, Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Convention.
- Ellis, S. D. (1998, April). Problem student behavior. Poster session presented at the annual American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Convention, Reno, Nevada.
- Ellis, S. D. & Tjeerdsma, B. L. (1997, October). Developing skillful games players: The stage approach. Presented at the 30th Convention of the Georgia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Jekyll Island, Georgia.
- Boyd, M., Yin, Z., Ellis, D., French, K. (1995, May). Perceived motivational climate, socialization influences, and affective responses in little league baseball. Poster session presented at the Annual North American Society for Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity, Asilomar, California.
- Brown, S. C., Ellis, S. D., Hussey, K. G., & Jones, L. (1994, November). Teaching strategies to check for student understanding. Presented at the 67th Annual South Carolina Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Convention, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Ellis, S. D. (1994, October). Problem student behavior in physical education. Presented at the 1994 Works in Progress Conference, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.
- Ellis, S. D., Graham, K. C., Kwak, E. C., Williams, C. D., & Werner P. G. (1994, April). High and low skilled students’ performance of badminton movement tasks in three teachers’ classes. Paper presented at the annual American Alliance for Health, Physical Education Recreation and Dance Convention, Denver, Colorado.
- Ellis, S. D., & Kohl, R. M. (1991, April). Alternating actual and imagery practice: Paradigm considerations. Poster session presented at the annual American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Convention, San Francisco, California.
- Ellis, S. D. (1990, March). Volleyball for middle school students. Presented at the Michigan Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Spring Regional Workshop, Detroit, Michigan.