Curriculum Materials Center
Welcome to the Curriculum Materials Center!
The Curriculum Materials Center (CMC) is the resource center affiliated with the Teacher Education Program at Winston-Salem State University.
It primarily supports the faculty and students that are enrolled as teacher education majors.
However, all students and faculty of Winston-Salem State University are encouraged to use the facility.
The mission of the Curriculum Materials Center is to provide instructional materials, equipment, and resources that support students, faculty and staff of the School of Education and Human Performance.
The CMC provides the following materials and services to support the teacher education program.
MATERIALS IN THE CMC:
- N. C. State adopted textbooks grades K-12
- Curriculum handbooks and guides grades K-12
- Manipulatives, kits, games and flashcards
- Common Core State Standards
- Paper cutters
- Poster printer
- Cricut (with alphabet cartridges)
- Children’s and young adult literature (fiction, non-fiction, picture books, board books, biographies, eBooks, and electronic databases.
- Reference assistance to WSSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide computers for research, library catalog, databases, and Internet for School of Education Human Performance majors (SEHP).
- Maintain two computer labs (1) Windows and (1) Mac and scheduling for classes, testing, meetings, and workshops.
- Training and support of electronic databases and eBooks: Sylvan Dell and Follett Shelf