Skip to main content

302.5 - Permission to Register for Graduate Credit

University Group Policy #302.5

I.  Policy Statement

Senior undergraduates with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher must request permission to register for a graduate level course. Seniors must file a "Permission to Enroll in a Graduate Course" form with Graduate Studies at least ten (10) days before the beginning of the term of registration. Although an undergraduate student may take a graduate level course, the student is not guaranteed acceptance into the graduate program after completion of the baccalaureate degree. Credits cannot be reapplied towards the graduate degree.

II.     Applicability

This policy is applicable to student classified as Seniors at Winston-Salem State University.

Responsible Division: Provost & Vice Chancellor for Academic & Student Affairs

Authority: Board of Trustees


  • Adopted March 21, 2014