- If you drive and park on campus, you need a parking permit.
- Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day - every day.
- HC Parking will be enforced.
- Any person that drives a vehicle on campus is the RESPONSIBLE PARTY for any violation received.
- Anyone can buy a temporary parking pass for $5.00 a day; Students can also purchase a weekly pass for $20.00 a week, with the exception of non-approved Resident Freshman. Faculty/Staff can purchase a temporary permit for $30.00 month.
- A ticket for not having a permit is $50.00 each time you are ticketed.
- Between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 a.m., students with a permit can park in staff spaces as long as the spaces are NOT restricted 24-hour reserved spaces.
- Resident students are restricted to their assigned lot from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Resident students may park from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. in commuter lots and staff lot. Resident students cannot park in a different resident lot with the exception of lot DD (overflow for all resident lots).
- Commuter students are not allowed to park in residential lots.
- Any customer who has received 3 or more citations within an academic semester is considered a repeat offender. Repeat offenders will forfeit their parking permit and lose parking privileges for the remaining academic year.
- All unpaid parking fines for students are charged to their student account in 45 days from the date issued.
- Scofflaw: Any customer or vehicle that has three or more unpaid parking citations.
- Vehicle immobilized (booted) for longer than twenty–four shall be moved to a storage area.
- All visitors to campus must obtain a temporary parking pass from the Department of Police and Public Safety in the Old Maintenance Building located on Cromartie or you can contact the office at 336-750-2905. Permits can be acquired from WSSU Campus Parking Office during the following times:
Monday through Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Resident students can pick up a temporary pass for their guest after 3:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday or have the guest come directly to Campus Police during our normal business hours.
- Lack of space or lack of a convenient space is not a valid excuse for violation of parking regulations. If you find that your lot is full, contact the Parking Office for directions.
- Parking permits must be removed from registered vehicles and returned to the WSSU Campus Parking Office for the following reasons:
- Change of parking assignment
- Temporary parking permits are hung from the rear view mirror. If you do not have a rear view mirror, the permit should be placed on the dashboard on the driver’s side.
- Operators of motorcycles should place the permits on the right-front or right-rear suspension (fork) of the motorcycle. As of July 1, 2015, all motor-scooters must also have a valid North Carolina State license plate. These vehicles will now need to display a parking permit as well.
- Facilities has installed an electric 240 volt charger for anyone with a WSSU parking permit, that has an electric vehicle which requires charging. The electric charger station is located in Lot H.
- If your car needs repairs or if for any reason and you have to drive a different vehicle to campus, the procedure is to notify the Campus Parking Office and register the other vehicle. A temporary pass will be issued at no charge or affix your current permit to that vehicle driven to campus. If you bring car on to campus and the Parking Office is closed, notify the Police Dispatch Center at 750-2900 about the vehicle and contact the parking office on the next business day.