Welcome to the Administrative Information Systems (AIS) home page. AIS is responsible for providing functional and technical support and expertise for the University’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system/application suite, Banner, and related ancillary applications.
Banner is WSSU's comprehensive computer information system that contains data on courses, students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Components of the Banner system include student, financial aid, finance, human resources and alumni.
AIS works closely with our business partners to provide efficient and effective technical solutions that contribute to the success of the University's mission and strategic initiatives by:
- Providing technical solutions that add or enhance functionality or interface with other systems.
- Providing analytics, business process analysis and reengineering to improve business operations and services to students, faculty, and staff.
- Providing training programs that increase utilization of Banner and related ancillary applications, Business Intelligence tools, and Project Management methodologies
- Providing Project Management services to systematically initiate, track, manage and deliver projects to meet the needs of our customers.
AIS is comprised of the following subunits
- Application and Programming – This unit is responsible for implementation and support services such as Database and Application administration and programming for Banner and the supporting ancillary products.
- Business Information Systems - This unit provides business process analysis and improvement consulting for Banner and the supporting ancillary products and processes to streamline operations and services for students, faculty and staff.
- Business Intelligence – This unit is responsible for developing and maintaining reports, graphs and dashboards using business intelligence tools and strategies to enable data driven decision making. The Enterprise business intelligence tool is WebFOCUS by Information Builders.
- Project Management – The project management unit is responsible for project implementation and delivery services using repeatable processes and methodologies to efficiently manage and deliver projects.