For our students, Winston-Salem State University utilizes the Office 365 for Education family of products for email, document preparation, online collaboration, and more. Students get more than just an email account. They will also have access to a 50 GB email quota and 15 GB of online storage through OneDrive.
Find Your WSSU Email Address
Know your WSSU email address. Once you accept your offer of Admission, you will receive a WSSU email address. (Please allow 2 business days for your email address to be activated.)
To find your WSSU Email address:
- Go to Banner RAMS Online
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN
(PIN is your date of birth in mmddyy format until you change it)
- Click Personal Information
- Click View E-mail Address(es)
Your WSSU email address will be in the format email@example.com.
The username for your email account is your email address username - jsmith116 for example. For new students that have never logged into their email account, your password will be:
- First letter of the first name UPPERCASE
- First Letter of the last name lowercase
- Banner ID
Example - For a student named John Smith with a Banner ID of 123456789, their password would be Js123456789. Once you log in for the first time, you will be prompted to change your password.
Accessing Office 365
To access WSSU’s student e-mail system, log on to Microsoft Outlook Web App. You will be prompted to enroll into RAM Access Management Portal (RAMP). For more information visit the RAMP web pages or contact Technology Support Services at 336-750-3431.
- Log into Office 365 for Education and sign-on with firstname.lastname@example.org, where;username is your current WSSU account name along with your current password. Use these instructions to find "your" email address.
- To learn more about how to use Office 365 visit the Frequently Asked Questions.
Office 365 for Education also allows students to share and edit documents through Office Web Apps. Follow the links below to learn more: