Skype for Business Enhances Communication for WSSU Faculty and Staff
WSSU has recently added an exciting new communications capability for faculty and staff. Skype for Business is the second application from Microsoft’s Office 365 suite of applications that the Office of Information Technology (OIT) has rolled out, the first being Office 365 email.
Skype for Business has the following capabilities:
- Chat- get information quickly from other Skype for Business users by sending an instant message.
- Online Meetings- have a group meeting including audio and video of up to 250 people, even if they are not Skype for Business users.
- Screen Sharing- share your desktop screen with another person or take over a screen for support purposes with permissions.
- Mobile Devices- supports most Android and iOS devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Schedule online meetings in Outlook, record meetings, transfer files, conduct polls and more!
Skype for Business is included in Office 2013 and above for WSSU owned desktop and laptops computers. Contact Technical Support Services at 336-750-3431 and select the “Office 365 Support” option for support or upgrade information.
Training is available by viewing your ‘Learning Plan’ in WSSU’s Skillport training website at https://wssu.skillport.com. In addition, introductory face to face meetings will be offered soon.