Faculty Support for Online Learning
The purpose of this section of the CETL site is to provide clarity about the administrative procedures for developing and approving online course and programs.
Developing and Managing an Online Degree Program-for Program Coordinators, Department Chairs, and Deans
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) is your focal point for developing, marketing and deploying online academic courses and degree programs. CETL works with program coordinators, department chairs and academic deans (under the leadership of the Office of Faculty Affairs) to assist with strategic planning and program development to launch new certificate and degree programs.
Initiating a New Program
If you are initiating a new degree program, required steps are:
- Approval from department chair, departmental/school curriculum committee and academic dean.
- Approval via the WSSU Academic Standards and Curriculum Committee and General Administration (GA) approval.
Creating an Online Course for Faculty
- The initial process of course development begins in the academic department.
- Strategic discussions about course conceptualization (determining learning goals, objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods) should occur at the departmental level prior to application submission to CETL.
- Each course must first be approved for offering by the departmental/school curriculum committee, department chair and academic dean.
- Department Chairpersons are responsible for appropriately vetting the course through departmental processes and endorsement of the expert content reviewer.
- Each course must receive approval from Academic Standards and Curriculum Committee (ASCC) before proceeding with the online course development process.
Submit Online Course Development Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org .