CETL is committed to initiatives that empower WSSU faculty to be effective teachers. We are a group able to provide, among others, the following services:
- Training opportunities that support faculty development at various career stages for tenure-track and part-time faculty.
- Coordination of efforts on behalf of instructors and departments interested in moving courses from face-to-face to online learning formats.
- Program development consultation to Department Chairs and Deans interested in developing online programs.
- Identify, assess, and distribute teaching-related resources available both on the internet and WSSU library.
- Give support to the creation of and participation in onsite or online learning communities on the part of interested faculty.
- Foster the preparation of teaching-related proposals in collaboration with WSSU academic units, research centers, and educational agencies.
- Foster the teaching-related studies including best practices, methodologies, technologies, and research.
- Disseminate information about promising practices and innovations in teaching and learning occurring on the WSSU campus.