Winston-Salem State University (WSSU) will host the 15th Annual Winston-Salem State University Mathematics Faceoff. This competition is for Level III Category and the Comprehensive Level (students above Level III math courses). This contest is sanctioned by the NC State Math Contest Committee.
Level III: Math III, and Integrated III
Comprehensive Level: Math IV, Integrated IV, Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus
The math contests will take place on the campus of Winston-Salem State University (WSSU) on April 12, 2018. Attached is the contest information. Registration is on a first come first serve basis, so please register your team as soon as possible while slots are still available.
The objectives of math contest:
- To stimulate interest in mathematics.
- To provide recognition for outstanding mathematics students and outstanding mathematics teachers.
- To provide an opportunity for outstanding students to advance to the state finals and win scholarships.
- To provide a congenial atmosphere in which to learn of each other's ideas and methods of teaching and learning mathematics.
- To have a fun and rewarding experience.
Each contestant will compete individually for awards. In addition to individual awards, winning teams will be determined by the total performance of its four (4) top scoring members in each testing area. A school sending fewer than four members will not be eligible for a team award.