Student Support Services
Winston-Salem State University’s Student Support Services/TRiO program is an educational undergraduate opportunity program that provides individual academic and personal support to assist first-generation, in which neither parent has a four-year degree, limited income and/or disabled college students to achieve satisfactory progress, retention and graduation.
Support Services include:
- Grant Aid Awards
- Individualized and small-group tutoring
- Fall orientation for SSS-TRiO incoming freshman
- Educational planning
- Academic goal-setting
- Graduate school tours
- GRE/GMAT/LSAT prep workshops
- Academic advising
- Learning strategies and study skills
- Career exploration
- Graduate studies information
- Financial Aid and personal finance information
- Campus and community referral
- Cultural activities
Qualified students must be U.S. citizens or legal residents and accepted for enrollment, currently enrolled or seeking their first four-year undergraduate degree at Winston-Salem State University. Students must show academic need and demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Financial limitations according to federal qualifying income levels
- First-generation college student status, meaning neither parent holds a four-year degree
- Documented physical or learning disability
If you or someone you know could benefit from the SSS -TRiO program, contact Student Support Services on the 1st floor of Hill Hall at (336) 750-2365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment in the program is limited, and students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a student is enrolled in SSS - TRiO, an educational plan is mutually developed. Students are expected to take an active role in the program.