Workflow is a Flexible Tool which Unites the Processes used in processing a personnel budget action by Gathering Information into one central location instead of having a paper form here and another paper form there, sometimes never to be seen again. Since the Workflow web form is an electronic form, it also Promotes Accountability by encouraging response to pending actions in a timely manner. Additionally, by Implementing a Digital Process we are allowed to Replace Paper. “Going Green,” decreases cost, increases effectiveness and efficiency.
Workflow promotes Accountability in several different ways:
By providing Proxy Support, you can designate a “second-in-command” who can enter and/or approve Workflow actions in your stead in the event that you are unavailable or unable to do so yourself. No more waiting until you can do it yourself!
By providing Timestamp coding and Tracking on every action, there is no more wondering, “Where is my personnel action form NOW?” Workflow provides a trail of electronic bread crumbs every step of the way. An email is generated to the hiring manager detailing each action that has taken place. If an action seems to be stalled you will now know exactly who to contact.
With Workflow’s Banner Integration, the personnel budget action process is much more streamlined: Consistent Procedures + Improved Productivity x Process Improvement = Improved Customer Service.
Workflow Webform - Chair and Hiring Manager
- Improved Communication between all Administrative Offices
- Coordination of Data Entry within the HR Office
- Improved Accuracy of Benefit Reporting
- Enhanced Compliance of Security Policies
- Improves Efficiency
- Saves time
- Systems Integration
- Better Business Process Control
- Management of business processes achieved through standardizing working methods and the availability of audit trails
- Common process, all instances follow same activities and rules
- Improved Customer Service
All Employee Separations (all permanent employees and temporary employees who are separating prior to the end of their contract term only) will now be done through HR-Banner Workflow. Paper forms will no longer be necessary or accepted.
WSSU is instituting changes to the processes that take place associated with an actual employee separation decision. The upcoming changes are designed to increase the consistency and timeliness of processing employee separations. Once a separation action is finalized, the associated steps will occur electronically. This change will minimize the delay and other problems associated with routing paper separation forms. Separation information will be routed from department to department through a software application called Workflow.
With the new processing of separations, the employee (or a department representative) will no longer need to verify clearance information by phone or route the system separation form around the campus on foot or via inter-campus mail.
- Improve Communications between all Administrative Offices
- Improve Coordination of Data Entry within the HR Office
- Improved Accuracy of Benefit Reporting
- Enhance Compliance of Security Policies
Effective 10/10/12, all permanent employees and temporary employees who are separating prior to the end of their contract term separations are to be processed using Banner Workflow. The Personal Budget Action form will no longer be accepted for employee separations. A new version of the Personal Budget Action form has been created removing this option. It is the responsibility of the Chair or Hiring Manager to submit the transaction.
As a chair or supervisor, you will be able to enter the employee’s separation information directly into a workflow. Once you save and submit the entered information, the processing of the separation (via Workflow) will begin. A series of automated processes will notify you, HR, the corresponding clearance departments and security offices of the employee’s separation.
Workflow is fast, simple and easy. A training video has been created. Please refer to the training video: Workflow Training - Employee Separation. You will need to login using your network user ID and password.
Begin your HR-Banner Workflow Web Form Experience
- The system will not let you backdate an action. The earliest date you will be able to enter
will be for the day you submit the action.
- You will need to have the employee’s Banner number available before you start and you will enter
your Banner number in as the supervisor.
- Although the form is very short and simple if, for any reason, the system stays idle for more than
20 minutes, you will be logged out and will have to start over.
- In the comment field at the bottom of the workflow form, enter the reason for separation and the
last date of work for the employee.
- Please provide additional details by separate email, basically the who, what, where, why, and when of and details concerning any incidents or issues that occurred, including specific dates, details, persons involved, etc.
- Human Resources will need ASAP any and all documentation, notes, warnings, etc., connected to the employee’s separation. This, as well as the information in #4, is critical in the event an unemployment action is filed by the employee.
- If you have any trouble with the workflow or have any questions, please contact IT via RamTech.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is email is notifying you that your request has either: been submitted, is being reviewed, has been rejected, or has been completed.
If you assistant submitted the request on your behalf, you will receive a copy of the email notification that your request has either: been submitted, is being reviewed, has been rejected, or has been completed.
The email will contain summary information like the Request ID, the employee’s full name and the process name for your request, but if your assistant submitted the request on your behalf you will not have access to his/her worklist.
Review your entries and make sure all required fields have been filled out.