Searching for Funding Opportunities
The Funding Agencies page is a collection of databases and other extramural resources used to help WSSU faculty and staff identify and apply for external funding opportunities. These databases provide alerts to specific funding opportunities, guidelines for preparing proposals, access to potential collaborators and mentors, as well as opportunities to implement research projects through business and industry partnerships. To learn more about these resources and opportunities visit the Funding Agencies page.
Limited Submissions Funding Opportunities
Limited submissions are funding opportunities where sponsor agencies restrict the number of research proposals and other funding awards that a single institution can submit for a particular funding announcement. To be considered for a limited submissions funding opportunity, interested principal investigators (PI) and/or program directors (PD) must participate in the limited submissions proposal development process. To identify a limited submissions funding opportunity that may fit your research interests, review the limited submissions funding opportunities listing.
The following search tools allow you to search for funding opportunities across a variety of fields:
- Association for Psychological Science
- Federal GrantsWire
- Non-NIH Funding Opportunities for Institution
- The Foundation Center (contact WSSU Advancement, which has a subscription, for searches requiring a username and password)
Alerts and Listservs
You may set up electronic searches that send regular alerts to your email inbox using the following tools:
- Grants.gov (the single portal for grant proposal submission to all federal grantmaking agencies)
You may also join listservs that offer up-to-date information on funding opportunities using these sites:
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- NIH LISTSERV page (provides subscription information regarding various NIH-supported listservs)
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) [technical reports from DOD-funded research efforts]
- HBCU/MI Resources (at DTIC)
- STINET (search tool for technical documents)
- Federal Register
- NSF Funding Opportunities
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
If you need assistance using any of these tools, contact Vernon Shanks at (336) 750-3019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.