SURE Program in STEM
Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
(SURE) Program in Science, Technology,
Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
May 20th to June 28th 2013
The National Science Foundation HBCU-UP Program at Winston Salem State University invites community college to participate in its summer undergraduate research experience program in biology, chemistry, computer science and mathematics.
SURE provides exciting research for students with interest in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. You will spend 6 weeks actively engaging in cutting-edge with WSSU faculty.
- Networking and interacting with scientist
- Training in scientific writing and speaking.
- Career and graduate school guidance.
- Enrolled full-time in a college transfer program
- Completed 2 semesters of study with GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong interest in completing baccalaureate degree in science or mathematics.
- A competitive stipend ($400 per week).
- Preparation for graduate/professional school.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a completed application, two evaluation forms, statement of interest and a copy of unofficial transcript by April 8th 2013 to:
Dr. Mamudu Yakubu, Program Director
W. B. Atkinson Science Bldg. – Room 311
Winston-Salem State University
601 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
Phone: (336) 750-2540
Fax: (336) 750-2549