If you would like to announce something that occurs at a specific date/time, this is considered a campus event. Examples include trainings, performances, fundraisers, and university-sponsored activities. All campus events are now published through WSSU's public web calendars:
Campus events must be entered into 25Live to be published on the calendars. All faculty and staff have access to this system. Please go directly to 25Live to enter your event details. Do not submit the Campus Announcement form below.
- Student Support/Social: Choose this type of announcement for communications regarding social and other student activities, athletics, recreation, library, career services, and wellness.
Katrina McCoy | email@example.com | 750-3082
Luchrita Fulton | firstname.lastname@example.org | 750-3255
Miles Winston | email@example.com | 750-3244
Florence Adams | firstname.lastname@example.org | 750-3445
- Academic: Choose this type of announcement for communications that involve initiatives such as advising, tutoring, research, and academic programs.
Charles Parrott | email@example.com | 750-3067
London Mickle | firstname.lastname@example.org | 750-2203
Virginia Moench | email@example.com | 750-8636
- Enrollment Services: Choose this type of announcement for communications that involve services such as financial aid, registrar, student accounts, housing, dining, and admissions.
Carmen Berrier | firstname.lastname@example.org | 750-8649
Cathy Hoots | email@example.com | 750-2265
- Information Technology: Choose this type of announcement for technology related communications, usually originating from a unit within the IT division.
Raisha Cobb | firstname.lastname@example.org | 750-2092
Tarina Whitfield | email@example.com | 750-8926
- University-Level/Emergency: Choose this type of announcement for executive level communications that do not meet the criteria of previous categories.
- Announcements must pertain to official university business or to university-sponsored activities for faculty and staff, students, or for the entire university community.
- WSSU reserves the right to reject announcements that do not meet this criteria and to recommend other communications vehicles for promotion.
- Only university employees may submit announcements.
- IMC will repeat announcements for faculty/staff ONLY if 10 working days have passed between announcements.
- Announcements may not be anonymous. They must include at least one name, with that person's WSSU title and contact information.
WSSU will not accept announcements that are:
- Job postings
- Business advertisements
- For initiatives or organizations not sponsored by the university
- Messages directed to a limited audience