Community Standards and Civility
The Office of Community Standards & Civility seeks and strives to promote ethical conduct through personal responsibility, encouraging civility and integrity, and a sense of community amongst WSSU students. The Office of Community Standards & Civility strives to promote campus safety and harmony by maintaining an environment consistent with WSSU educational purposes and operations.
Office of Community Standards & Civility's mission is to educate students on the policies of the University pertaining to conduct and their student rights. By educating students on the integrity and ethical standards of their community, it creates an environment for students to consider, in advance, the consequences of behavioral infractions, to accept responsibility for one's own actions in and out of the university, create social justice advocates, and creates an environment for students to understand that they are more than just a student at WSSU, but a representation our community.
Office of Community Standards & Civility Values
Responsibility • Civility • Integrity • Community
- To assist students in maturely accepting accountability for his/her actions.
- To determine with the student the reasons for the misconduct, and make any needed referrals.
- To trains and perform efforts to foster the personal, social and ethical development of those students whose behavior is in conflict with University expectations, both in and out of the classroom.
- To provide and promote programs that prepare students to become stewards and global students.
- To educate students, faculty, and staff of the Code of Community Standards & Civility, university policies & procedures, and how North Carolina laws/policies could affect them on and off-campus via training sessions, educational workshops, and more visibility.
WSSU "I Pledge" Campaign
What do you pledge to do to make sure that your homecoming is not only enjoyable, but SAFE?
Deona Cureton, M.A.Ed.
Director, Office of Community Standards & Civility
303 Thompson Student Center
Vice-Chancellor for Student Affairs
307 Thompson Student Center
Jamar A. Banks
Dean of Students
300 Thompson Student Center