Working with Photography Services
- IMC Photography Services produces photos that enhance:
- Strategic branding
- Recruitment initiatives
- Fundraising endeavors
- The University Photographer will provide photography services for:
- News articles and stories.
- Materials that support strategic branding, recruitment, and fundraising endeavors.
- Strategic initiatives as defined by the Office of the Chancellor and/or the Office of the Provost.
- Major university events such as Commencement, specific Ramdition events, specific Homecoming events, pinning ceremonies, etc.
- Photos that will be used for comprehensive projects co-created by departments/areas and the IMC team.
- Events that do not meet the abovementioned criteria may be covered by a freelance photographer.
- Please note that the department/area making the request must cover the fee associated with using a freelance photographer.
- Please contact Photographic Services for a list of approved freelance photographers who can meet your needs.
IMC wants to empower our clients to capture high-quality photos of events, even when the University Photographer cannot be present. We have a bank of easy-to-use digital cameras that departments and areas can borrow to take photos.
- The cameras have high-quality lenses and take crisp clear photographs.
- WSSU faculty and staff members—with a valid staff ID—may borrow cameras on a first-come first-served basis.
- If you are interested in borrowing a loaner camera, please contact Photographic Services for more details.
- Please contact Photographic Services for information and guidance about checking out a loaner camera.
Uses of University Photography
- All photographs created by the IMC staff are the property of WSSU and are available for non-commercial use by WSSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Any other use of the IMC-produced photographs must be approved by IMC.
- Prior approval must be obtained from IMC for off-campus media outlets and publications who wish to use WSSU images.
- Images should be credited as "WSSU Photo/Photographer's Name" in all print and electronic publications.
IMC photography may not be:
- Used for commercial gain
- Sold in part or in total
- Used as stock photography.
Photo Release Policy
- WSSU often uses photographic and electronic images of campus life, events, ceremonies, and other activities to advance the mission of the institution.
- By being present in public settings and events, visiting the campus, or being employed by WSSU you authorize the use and reproduction of photographs taken by IMC while at WSSU without compensation.
- All photographic prints and digital photo files shall constitute WSSU property solely and completely.
- IMC recommends that the downloadable photo release form below be signed by all individuals who will be photographed for university publications, videos, print advertisements, and web pages.
- If the subject is a minor under the age of 18, a form must be signed by the child's parent or guardian and secured before any photography can take place.
- Occasionally IMC seeks diverse, dependable, prompt student-models to represent WSSU in photographic and video productions.
- WSSU student-models have been featured on brochure and folder covers, newspaper ads, the university website, and even on highway billboards.
- Please fill out this form if you would like to be considered as a student model.