Working with Photography Services
- Photography Services produces high-level dynamic content that supports the WSSU Strategic Plan with a focus on enhancing strategic branding, recruitment initiatives, and fundraising endeavors.
- Images captured by the university photographer help tell WSSU’s story in a professional manner.
- The university photographer works in conjunction with the entire IMC team on comprehensive marketing and communications projects that are outcomes-focused.
- If you would like to request photography, please submit your project intake form at least 5 business days prior to your event.
- If Photographic Services cannot meet your needs directly, please contact us so we can share a list of approved freelance photographers for you.
- Please note that the area making the request must cover the fee associated with using a freelance photographer.
- IMC has several digital cameras that can be loaned out on a first-come first-serve basis for our clients.
- Loaner cameras are solely for WSSU faculty and staff.
- A university ID is required for checkout.
- Please contact Photographic Services for information and guidance about checking out a loaner camera.
Uses of University Photography
- All photographs created by the IMC staff are the property of WSSU and are available for non-commercial use by WSSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Any other use of the IMC-produced photographs must be approved by IMC.
- Prior approval must be obtained from IMC for off-campus media outlets and publications who wish to use WSSU images.
- Images should be credited as "WSSU Photo/Photographer's Name" in all print and electronic publications.
IMC photography may not be:
- Used for commercial gain
- Sold in part or in total
- Used as stock photography.
Photo Release Policy
- WSSU often uses photographic and electronic images of campus life, events, ceremonies, and other activities to advance the mission of the institution.
- By being present in public settings and events, visiting the campus, or being employed by WSSU you authorize the use and reproduction of photographs taken by IMC while at WSSU without compensation.
- All photographic prints and digital photo files shall constitute WSSU property solely and completely.
- IMC recommends that the downloadable photo release form below be signed by all individuals who will be photographed for university publications, videos, print advertisements, and web pages.
- If the subject is a minor under the age of 18, a form must be signed by the child's parent or guardian and secured before any photography can take place.
- Occassionaly IMC seeks diverse, dependable, prompt student-models to represent WSSU in photographic and video productions.
- WSSU student-models have been featured on brochure and folder covers, newspaper ads, the university website, and even on highway billboards.
- Please fill out this form if you would like to be considered as a student model.